Intellectual property, technology transfer, and spin-off program [P5.S1.P3]
AIM: Develop internal procedures, incentive mechanisms, and all the conditions to support scholars in an effective technology transfer between departments, Innovation Centers (UTFSM, UC) and between universities. This will be taken further by establishing linkages with local SMEs as well as international actors in technology transfer and innovation, coordinated with the Division of Transfer and Development of UC and the OTL of UTFSM.
- Change faculty evaluation process to effectively recognize intellectual property management and technology transfer
- Define a new policy of incentives and royalties for technology transfer
- Establish a procedure to strengthen the support and guidance engineering faculty in the technology transfer process, from the stages of disclosure to the negotiation with prospect licensees
- Develop an acceleration program for highly scalable technological entrepreneurship
- Define clear rules and procedures for the creation of spin-offs within the Consortium (within the framework established by the regulations of both universities)